Frequently Asked Questions
FTTP is a technology that uses a fiber-optic cable, connected directly to your location, instead of copper cable, to deliver telephone and ultra-fast Internet service. A fiber-optic cable is really not a cable at all, but an ultra-clear strand of glass about the thickness of a human hair which allows communication to move at the speed of light.
Fiber is the latest and greatest technology option for delivering communication services including telephone and ultra-fast Internet. The fiber connection is reliable and future proof.
Yes! According to a study from the FTTH Council, fiber-delivered Internet boosts home values by up to 3.1 percent.
ITC’s Fiber-optic Internet service provides ultra-fast speeds not available elsewhere. You also get a dedicated connection where you do not share Internet service with your neighbors as you may with other providers. It is also faster and more reliable than your current provider. The packages are unlimited with no data caps.
Phone Service and ultra-fast Internet.
- 50Mbps/5Mbps – $69.95/month
- 100Mbps/20Mbps – $79.95/month
- 250Mbps/30Mbps – $124.95/month
- Basic Phone Service – $22.50/month
- Digital Phone Service – $45.50/month (Residential Only)
Dial Tone, Voice Mail, Caller ID Name & Number, Call Waiting,
Call Forwarding, Unlimited Long Distance
Depending on the services you subscribe to currently, the fees will more than likely be less than your current provider.
The prices provided are ITC’s normal, everyday rates.
Upload speeds allow you to upload pictures, back up your computer, sync your files to other devices, and share large files much faster. Anyone who works from home and connects to a remote network, plays games online, or bids on such sites as eBay are thrilled with such a fast upload speed.
Yes, you can keep your existing number at no extra charge.
Yes. You can put your services on vacation for up to 6 months. There is a $35 fee for phone and a $35 fee for Internet to vacation the services but no monthly charges while on vacation and no charge to turn the services back on.
You can sign up for the service now by filling out the online application or calling our office at 1-888-201-2929.
- Anderson Underground is the contractor working with ITC. While the contractor constructs mainline fiber in the public rights-of-way, it is considerably more cost effective for you to allow the contractor to lay a line to your home at the same time. You, as the property owner, will need to sign a form granting us permission to construct on your property.
- After the fiber has been buried, it will need to be spliced.
- A fiber junction box will be installed on the side of your home or office.
- The fiber cable will be spliced from the junction box to the inside your home or office if you take at least one service with ITC. The fiber optics will be connected to an electronics device and a power supply unit. Both will be installed inside your home or office.
- The electronics will be powered from your home or business.
As mentioned above, FTTP requires an electrical connection powered directly from your home or office. If an electrical outlet needs to be installed, we will hire an electrician to install the outlet needed for the electronics.
No, typically, your building’s existing wiring should work. Additional wiring may be needed to connected devices or to extend a wireless access point for additional WIFI coverage.
No, ITC will not require that you take service to have the fiber optics installed to your premise during the construction phase.
After the construction phase, it will not be free. The actual costs will depend on your location.
Anderson Underground will contact Gopher State One Call to have all registered underground facilities marked and located. However, if you have any extra facilities such as sump pump lines, sprinkler systems, drain tiles, customer-owned electric, telephone, and/or coaxial cables, or invisible dog fences buried on your property, please make sure you let us know.
Once the project is complete, we will clean up and reseed grass as needed.
The owner of the property will need to sign a form granting us permission to bury a fiber-optic line to the building in which you live. We will be happy to provide more information to the owner of the property. Please provide the owner’s name and any contact information you may have.
Signing the agreement does not cost the property owner anything, nor does it obligate them to subscribe to any services.
If you have questions or would like to fill out the online application, please call our office at 1-888-201-2929, Option 1, or visit our website at www.itcfiberlinc.com. ITC’s office hours are M-F, from 8am to 5pm.